You are keen on playing computer games but your parents don’t see the point in this? Do they always complain that you spend too much time on playing and you waste your time? Do they always say that you should devote this time on learning instead of sitting in front of you CMP?
Now you have a great chance to change their way of thinking! You can take part in our new competition and write a letter to all the parents who think that computer games are pure evil (task for 6th to 8th graders) or create a poster about your favourite computer game (task for 4th and 5th graders)!
The rules for 6th to 8th graders:
- write a formal letter to all parents and present some reasonable advantages of playing computer games (you can ask your teacher how the formal letter should look like);
- mention about learning a language, write some vocabulary or expressions that you’ve learned due to playing;
- mention about some important skills you’ve learned;
- mention about some foreign friends; why are they essential?
- give some more pluses;
- present some reasonable compromise or deal for parents so that they can allow you to play a little bit longer.
The letters with best ideas will be rewarded with nice prizes and they will be featured on the school website!!!!
If you wish, your letter might be sent to your parents so that they can read it, maybe they will change their opinion!
The rules for 4th and 5th graders:
- paint or stick on some favourite scenes or favourite characters;
- write some interesting English words or expressions that you know from the game;
- be creative!
Show us that you can PLAY and LEARN at the same time!!!
The best posters will be rewarded with nice prizes and they will be featured on the school website!!!!
If you have any questions, ask your teacher for help or write an email at email@example.com – We’re happy to help 😊
All works need to be handed in to your English teachers by Wednesday 23rd November 2022.